The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® Virtual Racing™ (VR™) Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ Series, IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and The Sun-Herald City2Surf®, Ultra-Trail® World Tour events including Tarawera Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events, and other multisport races.
The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries.
In France, the IRONMAN Group operates 7 events located in 4 cities (Nice, Aix-en-Provence, Vichy, Les Sables-d’Olonne), allowing 16.000 athletes to participate every year.
👉 Minimum 4 years marketing XP
👉 Hands-on profile, both willing to design and implement marketing plans
👉 Data driven, strategic and analytical thinking capability
👉 Strong attention to detail
👉 Extensive national French media network will be advantageous
👉 Native French and fluent English communication skills, both verbal and written
👉 Ability to drive internal and external stakeholders towards your vision
👉 Ability to prioritize skills and quickly switch from management to individual contribution
👉 Possessing a goal and business-oriented approach and understanding events financial metrics
👉 Ability to conceptualize, execute, and report on complex integrated marketing programs
👉 Ability to work some weekends and non-traditional hours
Design and execute marketing plans for IRONMAN brand and events in France :
- Create comprehensive marketing plans which meet volume and profitability targets and manage their implementation.
- Develop and execute media and PR plan to achieve positive brand and event coverage, with the support of a PR agency and/or freelancers.
- Develop content, campaigns and maintain social media account
- Plan and facilitate media buying and creative development for on (SoMe, newsletter) and offline media.
- Facilitate a media event over a weekend to trigger high quality content and endorsements.
- Seek opportunities for brand marketing, lead generation and athlete development.
- Manage France’s marketing budget (around 80k€, excluding agencies and freelancers)
Manage relationships with all IRONMAN stakeholders
- Forge partnerships with local stakeholders including media, federations, sponsors and industry peers.
- Participate in host city stakeholder management, facilitate associated marketing obligations and support the Operations team with community liaison and communications.
- Work closely with functional leads within the EMEA and Global Marketing teams and Regional Operations teams to:
- Monitor current and historical deployment of marketing channels to identify trends and synthesize new ideas into marketing plans and event executions.
- Take ownership of marketing objectives and make recommendations on the allocation of budgets and activities to meet registration and participant satisfaction goals.
Localisation, télétravail & date d'arrivée
Location, date of arrival & compensation.
Je candidate !I apply !
In France, The IRONMAN Group’s main office is located in Nice where the Marketing Manager is expected to be present 2 to 3 days a week, alongside a dozen of other colleagues. Ability to travel up to 10% of the time is required, both in France and Europe (4 weekends in France and up to 3 overseas).
Arrival as soon as possible since the first event of the season will be held in May in Aix-en-Provence.
The IRONMAN Group offers :
- Flexible home-office conditions
- An open, modern and friendly working environment with a strong culture across EMEA
- Informal and relaxed dress codes with most of the team being aged 27 to 30 y.o.
- Partner benefits (exclusive employee offers from official IRONMAN partners)
- Official IRONMAN Merchandise staff discounts
- Complimentary race entries for employee and immediate family member of employee